Frequently Asked Questions
What are our fees and what do they cover?
|Initial General||Initial Specialised||Review|
As part of your initial 45minute consult you would be provided with
- dietary assessment,
- appropriate nutrition education and
- a personalised nutrition plan to assist you with meeting the goals we discuss.
- Your nutrition plan includes suggested portion sizes, meal and snack options, training nutrition guidelines, healthy takeaways and any other info you require to help keep on track. We monitor body composition, weight and skinfolds, if appropriate, as part of the process too.
Our review consults are between 15 to 30 minutes and we charge accordingly. During these consults we
- Discuss any questions from your plan and information we sent through.
- Review current intake and discuss additional nutrition strategies to assist with meeting your nutrition goals.
- Review body composition if required.
- Provide additional information such as update plan if required, or provide a carb loading plan to trial for an upcoming event.
Do we cover Medicare?
- Yes, you require a Medicare referral completed by your GP with allocated allied health visits (total 5 per year for Chronic health or 20 visits for Eating Disorders, from Nov 1st 2019)
- Please note there is a gap for the first consult but all review consults are covered by Medicare
- Click here for more details and fees
Do we cover Private health funds?
- Yes if you are covered for Dietetics then you will receive a rebate
- As every Health fund is different, rebates vary greatly, you will need to contact your private health fund directly for this information
- We have HICAPS at all our locations so you can claim on the day
Do we cover DVA?
No. But we can recommend Dietitians that do.
How can a Dietitian assist your nutrition?
- As Accredited Dietitians we cover all Clinical Dietetic issues including Diabetes, Heart Health and Gastrointestinal issues (including low FODMAPS)
- As Accredited Sports Dietitians we cover all Sports nutrition issues including low energy levels, runners guts, race nutrition planning etc..
- Click here for more details
- We present to all groups including Schools, Sporting clubs and Associations, Workplaces and Conferences
- Our presentations are presented by an Accredited Sports Dietitian and are usually 45-60 mins in length.
We normally present on ~3 topics during this time
- Everyday nutrition,
- Training nutrition; pre, during and post training nutrition strategies
- Game/event day nutrition, specific to sporting groups
- Healthy snacks and takeaways, and
- Boosting energy levels.
- We are happy to tailor to suit your groups needs so if you’d like anything in particular covered we are happy to adapt.
We provide a PDF summary sheet that can be emailed to all attendees and also placed on your website if required.
We also provide other handouts, prizes and resources to the group.
Our presentations are normally discussion based and include practical activities (such as planning pre training meals and snacks) vs lecturing to the group.
|$200 plus GST||Only General nutrition|
|Jasmine Wayth and Liana Nici
Accredited Sports Dietitians (<10 years experience)
|$250 plus GST||General, Clinical and Sports nutrition|
|Simone Allen or Claire Ricciardo
Accredited Sports Dietitians (>10 years experience)
|$320 plus GST||General, Clinical and Sports nutrition|